COVID causes us to pivot once again, so we are pleased to announce our 2020 socially distanced DRIVE-THRU flu clinics. We will have plenty of opportunities for you to receive vaccines, so please do not panic if you are not able to attend one of the clinics listed below. We can and will accommodate everyone. If your child is very “needle phobic” (and can not receive the intranasal FluMIST), has an egg allergy or you have special circumstances, please contact our office for a separate arrangements.
We have both the FluSHOT and the intranasal FluMIST available and both are equally endorsed by the CDC and the AAP this year. We encourage ALL of our patients to receive protection against the flu, especially in light of the COVID19 pandemic.
FluMist is NOT available to patients who have any of the following conditions: CLICK HERE to review.**IMPORTANT to review before choosing FluMist option**
Instructions for clinics- Please fully read the instructions below
1. Sign up for the clinics (links for specific dates are below- You will receive a confirmatory and reminder email from signupgenius.com). Choose FluSHOT or FluMIST when signing up. Remember to review the restrictions above for FluMIST. All patients under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian accompany them to the clinic. We will be adding more dates.
We will now be making office appointment for flu vaccines. Please call to schedule your appointment.
3. Log into the patient portal to assure you have no outstanding balances on your account. Patient Portal
4. Please take your temperatures prior to leaving your house. If the temperature is over 100.5 or your child is not feeling well –please call us and reschedule your appointment.
5. Arrive at the time of your visit and enter the parking lot. Have your child dressed in clothing that allows easy access to arms/legs for vaccine (t-shirts, shorts). You will be checked in at the entrance of the parking lot and instructed to pull to the end of the parking lot to turn around and park in front of one of the immunization areas. (see photo below)
6. Immunizations will be administered on the passenger side of the car. If you have a child in a carseat/booster and can not have them seated on the passenger side, please move them once you have arrived in the parking lot to the passenger side seat or an adult’s lap on the passenger side.
7. After vaccination, carefully pull away from the immunization area and exit the parking lot. Patients over the age of 18 who are driving themselves must remain in the parking lot for 15min after vaccination prior to driving away.
8. If you require proof of immunization for daycare or preschool, print out your immunization record on the Patient Portal.